Parabellum Range Rules
Prior to using Parabellum’s Indoor Range Facility, the following rules must be read. Once they have been read, you will be asked to sign a document stating that the rules have been read and are understood. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions if you do not fully understand one of these rules.
Parabellum Indoor Range does not accept reservations for our shooting lanes and shooting lanes are on a first-come, first-served basis. If the Range is busy and we have a waiting list, we will limit the lane rental to one (1) hour to accommodate our customers.
When there is no Range Officer on duty inside the range, all shooters are expected to know, adhere to, and help enforce range rules. If you observe a violation of these range rules, please bring it to the attention of any staff member and we will take corrective action. It is our goal to have a completely safe range for you to enjoy every visit. Thank you from the Staff and management!
IF YOU DAMAGE THE LANE WHILE SHOOTING, THE FOLLOWING FEES APPLY: Effective 9-20-14
- TARGET HANGER (PVC) – $5.00
- TARGET HANGER (STEEL) – $10.00
- ROPES – $20.00
- STEEL CABLE – $ 30.00
Cardinal Rules of Firearms Safety
- Treat all guns as if they were loaded at all times
- Always point the muzzle in a safe direction
- Keep your finger off the trigger and on the frame until you are on target and ready to fire
- Always be sure of your target
- Customers are prohibited from removing a firearm from a holster or a case anywhere on Parabellum property, with the exception of the firing lanes. Customers will not be allowed to handle their firearms outside of the shooting stalls. Customers handling their weapons where prohibited will immediately be asked to leave the property. This rule will be strictly enforced with absolutely no exceptions.
- When finished firing, unload & case your gun prior to leaving the shooting stall.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times while on the range.
- Always keep firearms unloaded and keep your finger off the trigger until you are in the booth and ready to shoot.
- All firearms must be kept pointed downrange when unholstered or uncased. FAILURE TO CONTROL MUZZLE DIRECTION WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL FROM THE FIRING RANGE.
- If you have a jammed or malfunctioning firearm, place the gun on the bench with the barrel pointed downrange. Then, ask range personnel for assistance. DO NOT REMOVE THE FIREARM FROM THE SHOOTING STALL UNTIL RANGE STAFF HAS CLEARED THE WEAPON. DO NOT BRING THE FIREARM INTO THE RETAIL AREA.
- Do not hand a loaded firearm to another person. Place the firearm on the shooting bench and allow the other person to pick up the firearm from the bench.
- If you wish to exit the stall but leave your firearm, the firearm must be left unloaded, pointed downrange and have a range supplied empty chamber indicator in place.
- We recommend only 1 firearm at a time be uncased in the shooting stall. This is just a recommendation to reduce confusion with different ammo calibers. Multiple weapons are allowed, but weapons not currently in use must be positioned on the shooting stall bench pointed downrange, unloaded and have a range supplied empty chamber indicator in place.
- Commands issued by range staff must be followed immediately. When the command CEASE FIRE is given: STOP SHOOTING immediately and REMOVE your finger from the trigger; keep the gun POINTED DOWN RANGE; WAIT for further instructions from range personnel.
- Tracer, armor piercing, steel core and military surplus ammunition is not allowed on the range. Verify that the ammunition you have is the correct ammunition for your firearm. Factory loaded ammunition is preferred. Hand loaded ammunition must adhere to manufacturer specifications. Range Staff has the right to inspect and prohibit any ammunition they deem as inappropriate for the firing range.
- Patrons ages (10 – 17) may shoot if accompanied by a parent / Legal Guardian at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Patrons age (18 – 21) may shoot but cannot buy ammunition or handguns (per Federal Law).
- Two people maximum are allowed per lane—other guests must remain in the retail area and can watch on the HD monitors.
- No one is permitted forward of the firing line for any reason unless under direct authorization from Range Staff. Brass falling forward of the firing line will not be allowed to be recovered. Other items, (magazines, ammunition, etc.) that fall forward of the firing line will remain where they fell until Range Staff is able to create a safe condition to retrieve the item(s).
- Parabellum reserves the right to deny the use of targets on the range that may be deemed offensive or unsafe.
- Use the appropriate size target, placed at eye level, to ensure that your shot strikes the backstop and not the floor, ceiling, or target carrier.
- Shooting at anything other than your own target is prohibited and will subject you to removal from the range.
- Firing a shot that results in damage to any range equipment may result in a repair fee and your removal from the range.
- Food, tobacco, and beverages, are not allowed on the range. Smoking is strictly prohibited in the range and retail area. No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol is allowed on Parabellum property.
- Drawing from a holster is prohibited unless with permission from, and under the supervision of, Range Staff.
- Parabellum does not allow any fully automatic weapons except during special approved “full auto” times. Suppressed (“Silenced”) are allowed.
- Report all violations of range rules to the Range Staff.
- Parabellum Shooting Sports reserves the right to refuse service to any individual who, in our judgment, would endanger the safety of our staff or patrons. Any unsafe conduct may result in immediate dismissal from the range without refund.
- Parabellum’s bullet traps are designed to handle handgun and rifle calibers up to 3600 Feet Per Second. Certain calibers of rifles exceed this velocity. If you are unsure if your firearm may be shot on the range, please ask a Range Officer for assistance.
- The use of Parabellum’s Range Facility for commercial or training use must be approved by range personnel prior to entering the range facility.
- Be sure your firearm is safe to operate and know how to use it safely. Please see Range Staff in you have any questions.
- Only ammunition purchased from Parabellum will be allowed for use in rental weapons.